Thursday, September 13, 2007

The passing of an Artist


The first picture was taken at the NY chocolate show in '05, I'm on the left and Steve is on the right. The above picture is the birthday cake for my oldest daughters 1st birthday. It was made by my friend and co-worker Steve Dansereau. I found out a little while ago that the man who was for many years the Pastry Chef for the Rhode Island School of Design, Steve Dansereau, passed away after a long battle with Leukemia. It makes me sad on many levels, for the sons he leaves behind, for the family members and loved ones who worked so hard to help him through this sickness and the people who will never know the beauty(both visual and taste)of his work. It is a difficult thing to deal with the passing of someone. I learned this personally at a fairly young age. Hence I don't handle death well, not that any of us do.
So my deepest sympathies to all those who knew and cared for Steve, for all those who loved the man or simply loved his food and to all those who will never have a chance to know either.

Farewell Steven.

No comments: